- 1 cup atta / whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 gms condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 gms salted butter
- 1 cup water only if required to smoothen the consistency
- Almonds soaked overnight, peeled and cut into pieces
- Pre- heat oven at 200℃ for 15 mins
- Sieve atta and soda together in a bowl
- Mix condensed milk, butter and vanilla essence in a separate bowl
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a smooth batter ( dripping consistency) but do not over mix.
- Add the dry fruits to this mix
- Pour the batter in a greased square or round pan
- Place it in the oven at 175℃ for 45 mins. It may take a little longer (may be an hour) depending upon the oven.
- Do not open the oven to check till its 75%done. Check only when the color turns golden brown. Pierce a tooth pick to see it come out clean.
- After it’s done let it sit on a wire rack.
- Cut into pieces once it is cool
NOTE: You can add cocoa powder to make a chocolate cake.
Image courtesy – http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com (main image)
- Sonika Chaubey
- April 20, 2017
- 0 Comment