How to beautify nails? We don’t mean just painting them pretty but making them healthy, shiny & strong. Once the basic is in place, one can use various nail arts to make them prettier.
After doing much research on our own hands, we’ve made a list of couple of DIY treatments that actually help in keeping nails healthy and hands soft.
Olive oil & Honey Mask
Every time we use acetone to remove nail polish, our nails become a bit weaker and lose a tad amount of luster as well. Acetone has a tendency of leaving the nails completely dried out & brittle.
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Olive Oil – 1 teaspoon
Olive oil acts as the moisturizer & honey has anti fungal properties; together they keep the nail moist and healthy.
- Combine the ingredients and massage them on to your nails (both hands and feet).
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the damage to your nails.
- Wash it off with warm water (not hot but warm) & pat dry the finger tips.
Nail & Cuticle Oil
When the temperature drops, usually the cuticles become dry and itchy & the nails become weak. The massage of this DIY oil helps retain moisture to the hands & nails keeping them healthy and beautiful.
- Jojoba Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 10 drops
- Vitamin E oil – 1 teaspoon (we can also cut 2 vitamin E capsules and use its contents)
- Mix the ingredients well in a 50 ml bottle.
- Wash your hands with warm water & pat dry.
- Massage it gently all over the palms and especially on the finger tips.
- Use it to massage it twice a day.
Tips to keeping hands & nails healthy
- Wear hand gloves for doing everyday household chores. It will protect the hands from harsh detergents, soaps and agents.
- Regularly moisturize your hands. Sitting long hours in AC tends to dry the hand, apply moisturizer as many times as needed to keep your hands soft.
- It is advisable to not paint your nails every day. Let the nails breathe once in a while. Nail polish usually dehydrate the nails, hence if worn long-term can result in lusterless and weak nails.
- Any good nail expert will suggest that you stay away from acrylic or gel manicures. They might be long-lasting and convenient but they are very hard on the nail.
- November 7, 2016
- 27 Comment