Dark circles under your eyes have a tendency of aging your appearance more than you can imagine. In addition it makes you look tired or ill as well.Â Dark circles may occur due to the following reasons;
- Lack of sleep
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Extreme fatigue
- Poor nutrition
These 5 natural methods may assist you in controlling and reducing the dark circles. Please keep in mind these are continual processes and not a miracle that will work with one use itself.
The vitamin C of the lemon juice has skin lightning properties which help in reducing dark circles.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off.
- Use this once daily for a few weeks, after that repeat once a week
CAUTION – If the lemon juice causes a burning sensation then discontinue
Green tea is rich in antioxidants and can make up for antioxidant deficiencies in the body that contribute to dark circles. The tannins help reduce swelling and discoloration.
- Chill two used green tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and rinse your eye and pat dry
- Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks
CAUTION â€“ Ensure that tea does not go in the eye. If that happens, wash eye immediately
- Coldness will help reduce the blood vessels under your eyes and help a lot in reducing swelling, dryness and dark circles.
- Soak a washcloth in ice cold water and put it over your closed eyelids for several minutes.
- Alternatively, you can wrap a few ice cubes in a soft napkin and place it under your eyes for a few minutes
- Follow this process for a few minutes daily
- Coconut oil lightens dark circles and promotes smooth skin and prevents fine lines beneath the eyes.
- Massage coconut oil in the under eye area.
- Leave it for few hours and rinse it off. (Do not use soap)
- Repeat two to three times daily for a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
- Then repeat this process once a week.
- Lack of sleep can lead to stress and other health related issues resulting in a paler, fatigued skin which makes the dark circle more noticeable.
- Get adequate sleep at nights. Usually 7-9 hours per night, but varies for different people at different times throughout their lives. Try to get that amount regularly and it will ward off tired looking eyes.
- Before going to bed at night, remove all eye makeup.
- February 3, 2016
- 0 Comment