Tired of wearing the same old denims??? Want a new look??? Here are few ways that you can use to enhance your jeans wearing options
DIY Ripped Jeans
- 1 pair of overused and bored of denim
- Cutting board or a thick cardboard
- Wear your jeans and make a line with the marker where you want to rip.
- Take off your jeans and use the scissor to cut along the marked line; make the rip as long or short you desire
- Slide the cardboard inside leg to where the rip is made
- Use the knife to tear the rip in the opposite direction (since the rip is horizontal, you will tear it vertical
- Use the needle to pick and pull the thread along the rip.
You can either keep a single rip on each leg or go crazy with the rips!
Fabricate your Cutoffs
- 1 pair of I-am-bored-with-my-existing cutoffs
- Fabric of your choice (preferably cotton)
- Safety pins
- Needle & thread
- Cut piece of fabric that is large enough to cover one side of the shorts. Attach it with a few safety pins to keep it in its place.
- Stitch the fabric on to the cutoffs in straight equidistant lines. You can use a sewing machine for these linear stitches as well.
- Once the stitching is done, cut off the extra fabric as close to the stitches as possible (without cutting into them).
- PRESTO!!!!! You have a new pair of cutoffs nowâ€¦
Lace it up
- 1 pair of ripped jeans
- Soft lace
- Needle & thread
- A bunch of pins
- Turn the jeans inside out and lay it of a plain surface. Helps you decide where all to put the lace patches.
- Cut the lace as per the size of the rip and hold it together with the jeans by the help of the pins
- Sew the patch with small stitches on to your jeans.
- Wear it to see if the patch sits well with the jeans.
NOTE: Wash these jeans on delicate cycle or preferably hand wash.
- February 4, 2016
- 22 Comment