A lot of times during any given week I work from home. This helps me beat the traffic and save time. Also I can slip into something comfortable the entire day. There are other perks during those working hours like I can see my dogs playing or sleeping. They are not left alone the entire day and I use my breaks to play games with them or petting them.
Although I have realized that working from home has both its charm and undoing. I figured that these are some of the plus and minus points of working from home.
- I save time
- I am never stuck in traffic
- I can wear my pjs and work
- Work hours are flexible and as per my convenience
- I am saving money on travel
- If you are living with family then they have the liberty to disturb you whenever required
- If you have children then they can make as much noise as they feel like
- If you are not living alone then privacy during work may be an issue
- Work hours may and often spill into your personal time as well.
Think very carefully if you are planning to open a home-office.
So, if you are still not deterred and want to still go-ahead with your home office, then these are the some of the things that you may require;
A space for yourself
Of course you’d need the basics like a laptop/desktop, desk, chair, fan/AC etc.
Home office is a space where I want to feel at home and yet working, so I have decorated it with some action figures and fun items. You can have some plants or stickers or anything that makes you happy.
If your work is dependent on getting online, then you might want to get an internet service that has better speed than the others and a good wifi connection for your office space.
Printers/scanners, hard drives, phone/mobile, clock, pens, notebooks, post-its, filing cabinets… things which are essential for any office (home or otherwise)
Image courtesy – Pinterest, http://www.homedit.com (main image) https://digitalunite.com
- Sohini Maitra
- July 4, 2017
- 0 Comment