Lactation smoothies are nothing but milk boosting drinks for a smoother breastfeeding process. A combination of fresh fruits, vegetables, calcium-rich foods, whole grains and high-quality protein ensures that a wholesome drink is prepared. Since not everyone is blessed with abundance in the breast milk department, this concoction will assist in keeping up the milk supply for your precious little one.
Here we have the recipe for Apple, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon and Oatmeal Smoothie. You can make other smoothies as well like blueberry, banana and cashew smoothie or a strawberry, banana and oatmeal smoothie depending upon your liking.
- 1/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds AKA Sabza seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup puree of stewed apples, typically sweetened (apple sauce)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (optional)
What we do?
- Blend the oats and chia seeds together until it is smoothly powdered.
- Add milk to this powder; use spoon or spatula to stir in oats/chia from bottom.
- Add yogurt, peanut butter, applesauce and cinnamon.
- Blend until desired smoothness is achieved.
- Taste to check the sweetness level. If more needed then add required sweetener and blend again.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours so that the oats and seeds can soften.
- You can keep this in refrigeration for at least 2-3 days. Shake well before drinking.
- If the smoothie becomes too thick after refrigeration, then add some more milk and blend again.
- Thaw the drink by immersing the container in a bowl of water for about 1 hour before drinking.
Note: Before introducing new food in your diet, kindly consult your physician.
- April 29, 2016
- 9 Comment