I have been dying to use my freshly purchased loaf pan and bake something. So after going through many online recipe sites, I finally decided to look into my Mother in law’s personal recipes. She insisted that I bake something simple to begin with. So I chose banana bread.
I used her complete guidance and baked it. With a prep time of 10 minutes and the bake time of 50 minutes, fine sample of banana bread was produced. I used Godrej convection microwave for the process. I mention this because all microwaves have tad different temperature settings, so check your microwave’s settings and bake accordingly.
Things I used
- 3 (if big) or 5 (if small) ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
How I baked
- Preheated the oven to 170°C, and buttered a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mashed the ripe bananas until completely smooth.
- Stirred the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mixed in the baking soda and salt.
- Stirred in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mixed in the flour.
- Poured the batter into the prepped loaf pan.
- Baked for 50 minutes at 170°C
- Removed from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Took the banana bread from the pan and allowed it to cool completely before serving.
- Sliced and served.
NOTE: Insert a toothpick into the center to see if it comes out clean. If not then bake for another 5 to 10 minutes at 170°C (mine was done within 50 minutes itself)
Since this came out good, I am ready for my next weekend-baking adventure. Coming soon… Vanilla muffins!!!
- Sohini Maitra
- October 27, 2017
- 0 Comment