Even though in Mumbai we hardly feel the chills of the winters, but our skins do feel the dryness and itchiness of the weather. We at Itemmom believe that if possible we should expose our skins to as less chemicals as possible for our optimum wellbeing. So here are some homemade moisturizers for this season with easily available ingredients.
- Mix glycerin and rose water in a ratio of2:1 (2 teaspoons of glycerin and 1 teaspoon of water) in a bowl.
- Gently massage on skin. You can either use your hands or take a cotton swap and apply.
- Allow the concoction to dry without rinsing.
- Repeat daily after washing with a gentle cleanser
Note: if you want to add some fragrance to your moisturizer, add few drops of essential oil best suited to your skin. Lavender and rose for nourishing normal skin, cedar wood and rosewood hydrate for dry skin, and citrus-based oils such as orange and lemon to combat oily skin.
- Mix a teaspoonful of honey and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Squeeze a big slice of lemon in the mixture (natural glow)
- Apply it generously on your face, hands and other dry areas.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a luke warm washcloth
- Add milk (1/4 cup) and 3 tablespoons of rose water.
- Gently massage on your face, hands and other dry areas.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with luke warm water.
- January 19, 2018
- 0 Comment