The journey through Mommie-land is amazing, every day your little one will do or exhibit a behavior that makes you laugh, cry or simply strut around in pride. There will never be a moment when you aren’t praising your little one and his many achievements.
And while the journey is nothing but amazing, there will be moments when you are stressed out and simply bone tired. These are moments when you should be able to just put your legs up and relax knowing that your spouse will pick the slack.
So here are a few things you should ensure daddy knows how to handle:
- Changing the diaper (no brainer yes)
- If you use breast pumps and store milk in the refrigerator, he should know how to heat it up for the little one.
- If like me, you use formula milk, he should know how to fix a bottle.
- Once your baby starts solids, daddy should know what baby can eat and how to quickly get something ready.
- Bathing baby boo. This is something I haven’t gotten my husband to do. Most dads are worried they will somehow hurt our little monsters if they bathe them. Get that fear out of them. Bath time is fun time…in my opinion, it’s a great place to bond with the little angel.
- Putting baby down for a nap or at bedtime. Daddy needs to know how to get baby to sleep. I’m sure a lot of mothers would agree with me when I say this is never the easiest task.
Having your spouse assist with everyday tasks associated with raising a child is important not only so that you aren’t tired all the time, but also because it is not just the mother’s duty. After all, he is the dad, not the sperm donor!!!
Image Courtesy – https://clipartfest.com
- Lakshmi Abhilash
- December 20, 2016
- 121 Comment