Just because it is the time of summer vacation and kids want something different to eat every day, here is a simple recipe that is bound to tickle the taste buds of your little ones and not so little ones in the family.
PS: This is personally tasted by us as one of our writers brought this as a treat for all us hungry hippos of the department. Spoon licking good!!!!!
- Onion – 2 mediums or 1 large (half in cubes and half in thin slices)
- Cloves – 8
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Chili – 2
- Coriander – handful
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cashew – 10
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato – half – finely chopped
- Beans – 5 chopped
- Carrot – 1/4 chopped
- Capsicum 1/4 finely chopped
- Peas – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Rice – cooked – 3 cups
- Blend the cubed onion, cloves, pepper, cinnamon, chili, coriander to make a smooth paste
- In a wok add ghee and bay leaf.
- Once heated, add the cashew and roast till golden.
- Add the remaining sliced onion and sauté well.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté well.
- Add the tomato and sauté till mixed properly
- Add the beans, carrot, capsicum and peas and mix them well and sauté for a minute
- Add the masala paste with this and salt to taste. Sauté well.
- Cover and cook for approx. 5 mins
- Add the cooked rice and mix gently.
- Cover and simmer for approx. 5 mins
Serve hot with vegetable raita…
- May 8, 2018
- 0 Comment