Staying fit and healthy is not optional. It is a must. The sooner we understand this, the better it is for us in the long run. People choose many different ways to remain healthy. Whether it is running, daily workouts at home, going to the gym or practicing yoga; it helps the person stay in shape. Staying fit has its own positives. There are no negatives of staying fit and healthy.
- A fit person on an average has lesser diseases than an unfit person.
- Their energy level is definitely higher.
- Along with physical alacrity, mental wellbeing is guaranteed for a fit person.
Staying healthy includes the following:
- Proper food intake
- Mental wellbeing
Singdha Airon Pandey (ACE Personal Trainer & RYS 200 Yoga Trainer) says, “Fitness is not about being better than someone else, it’s about being better than you used to be. Being healthy and fit isn’t a fad or a trend. it’s a lifestyle, just adapt it”. She believes that Suryanamaskar is one routine that works the entire body.
See below the video…
Few things that ensure a healthy lifestyle are:
- Eating meals at the same time every day.
- Heavy breakfast, decent amount of lunch and a light dinner.
- Choosing a workout regime that you actually enjoy. Yoga is a great form of exercise.
- Drinking enough water to stay hydrated. Hydration is a must.
- No or minimal amount of junk food and fizzy drinks.
- Sleeping early and waking up early.
- A gap of at least 2 to 3 hours between the last meal of the day and bedtime is advised by doctors everywhere as it helps in digestion.
- Must have a “me-time” to unwind for at least an hour.
- Regular health checkups.
Today we are celebrating World Health Day! It is a great day to make a resolution of staying fit and working on it too.
In the comments section below, let us know what is your favorite workout routine?
- April 7, 2018
- 0 Comment